Join Our Team
Please send all employment inquiries to [email protected] Current opportunities posted below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Director of Operations / Future General Manager
Why work at Nauset Rental?
Locally owned and here for the long haul - We’re committed to supporting a strong year-round, full-time staff here on the Cape, and also several seasonal positions starting every spring. We’re a tight-knit team, and a company that believes in investing in its people.
Live and work on the Cape! Whether you're just here for the summer, or love the year-round vibe, it's a great place to be!
Competitive wages - We are committed to fair and competitive wages for our team, and reward staff generously based on performance
Not just seasonal - Many of our seasonal positions turn into year-round jobs and long term careers. If you are just looking to spend a season on Cape Cod, we welcome you. And if you are hoping for a place to land for longer, we operate all year.
Work / life balance - Enjoy a flexible work schedule, with some fun company perks to boot.
Summary: Nauset Rental is seeking our next rockstar for intensive mentoring and career growth by our current General Manager, who can quickly grow into the full GM role at Nauset Rental as we expand into other business areas.
About Nauset Rental
Nauset Rental is Cape Cod's high end, locally based vacation rental management company. We built the Nauset Rental system out of MIT, leveraging technology and Fortune 500 Consulting expertise to deliver outstanding rental experiences for Cape Cod's top performing rental homeowners. We are committed to re-inventing the vacation rental experience for both homeowners and tenants through advanced technology and a modern approach. We are looking for a future leader and partner in our firm. We work hard but also smart, and are a lifestyle company that makes time to enjoy Cape life and be active members of our community.
Who we’re looking for...
We are looking for a rockstar that can quickly learn and take over key areas of responsibility from our General Manager and ideally growing into the GM role at Nauset Rental as we expand. Specifically this means diving in initially working alongside our GM to learn the core elements of the business and operations and “rolling up your sleeves” and helping with all aspects of our operations including guests stay management, client relations, and growth initiatives. We’re looking for someone hungry and energized to advance their career to a leadership role, overseeing the many moving parts in the rapidly growing industry of vacation rental management.
What you’ll do…
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for various aspects of our growing business, including but not limited to:
- Oversee the success and growth of our portfolio of high-end vacation rental properties. Monitor property revenue goals and performance and initiate actions in marketing and operational strategy to ensure goals are met.
- Manage the company in-house processes and updates as needed, and ensure all staff are properly trained and adhere to systems in place.
- Manage a growing team of year-round and seasonal staff. Lead HR efforts, including new staff recruitment, training and development, performance tracking and staff reviews.
- In-season, jump into the stay-management aspect of the business, helping with guest and homeowner issue management, and eventually shifting to high level issue management only.
- Collaborate with the leadership team on the company strategic plan and initiate efforts towards company growth and profitability.
- Entrepreneurial mind set - Challenging existing norms and growing a small business.
- Ability to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, while having the willingness to seek guidance and direction as needed. Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Previous managerial, operations and / or project management experience.
- Real estate, vacation rental management, property management or home services (i.e. building, rentals, solar) experience is a plus, but not required.
Additional perks in joining our team...
- Opportunity to become a Leader in the company for the right high-caliber, high-energy person.
- Work / Life Balance. We are not a “9 to 5” company. We often head out for midday surf sessions or a hike, and hop online at night for an hour. (“In-Season” Saturdays a must)
- Investment in you through continuing education, industry learning opportunities, and career development goals.
- Working with a tight-knit team, and with a tech-forward LOCAL company that is here for the long haul and believes in investing in its people.
- Opportunity for free shoulder/off-season stays in our spectacular properties (waterfront etc.)
- Competitive pay and bonus program / profit sharing.